Welcome to the Level 1 Child Protection course which intends to cover basic safeguarding/child protection information and is designed for organisations whose various work activities means that staff at all levels are likely to encounter children and young people within their professional roles and responsibilities.
As it is important for everyone to appreciate the contribution to safeguarding and child protection that they may be able to make, this Level 1 programme has been designed to help raise awareness of the key issues pertinent to those who perform support functions such as roles and responsibilities associated with the following broad remits: receptionists, administrative staff, catering assistants, transport staff, maintenance staff and those performing other core support functions within different organisations.
The following topics are covered within the course:
- Legislation, rights and expectations
- Types of abuse
- Signs and indicators of abuse
- Other elements that pose a risk to children
- Radicalisation and the risks of the Internet and social media
- Mental health and domestic violence
- Information sharing and taking action
- Understanding the referral process